Haven’t read these three books

Get active and real email list for your campaigns
R19ns156

Haven’t read these three books

Post by R19ns156 »

These two books combine the traditional ideas of comics (superheroes, epic battles, good versus evil, etc.) with the depth and narrative of fiction. This article from Encyclopedia Britannica explains how these three works help distinguish comic books from graphic novels: The defining attribute of each is formal control of the medium—that is, a high degree of control over the use of panel transitions, layout, etc.

Complex controls to achieve certain narrative effects - coupled with artistic Customer Phone Number List innovation and literary quality in which authors declare their personal style. Dark Knight Returns Cover Watchmen Graphic Novel Cover Rat Hood Image via Bookshop.org (BTW; if you love comics, please read them. You can thank me later.)

How to Write a Graphic Novel Before we dive into that, I also want to recommend that you read this article about creating comic books. This isn't just a shameless plug in to my other content; I'm referencing a lot of comic book writing process and design best practices that apply to graphic novels as well.