The Great British Bake Off to describe

Get active and real email list for your campaigns
piloyniloy26

The Great British Bake Off to describe

Post by piloyniloy26 »

and delightful. Weird because: You’ll hear it used on an excellent mouthful of cake, but the English will also use it to describe places, people, or even the juiciest details of a story. Allow me to show you. “We had coffee at this scrumptious little café, were served by the most scrumptious man behind the counter, and then Karen told us the most scrumptious bit of gossip…” See? It’s scrumptiously versatile. 4. Petrichor Meaning (noun): The smell of rain. Weird because: I have

been looking for this word my whole life. Those earthy odors of moist air and ground that we Afghanistan Email List find so comforting after rain, whether you’re in a town or in the countryside, all count as petrichor. 5. Rambunctious Meaning (adjective): An elaborate way to describe someone’s lively or wild and energetic behavior. Weird because: Honestly, the word rambunctious is not used as often these days as it should be – it’s really fun to say. 6. Swagger Meaning (verb): To walk or strut in a boastful way with oodles of

confidence and self-importance. Weird because: It’s a pretty common word now, but it is thought that swagger really first became a part of the English language when it appeared in William Shakespeare’s famous plays, A Midsummer Night’s Dream and King Lear, over 400 years ago. Test your English in minutes Learn more 7. Oodles Meaning (noun): To have lots of something. Weird because: Why say, ‘Gosh, I have loads of homework,’ when you could say that you have oodles of it? Like many of English’s most