Why We Still Need to Write, Even When We’re Scared

Sms marketing that most import to get phone number list
Jannat12

Why We Still Need to Write, Even When We’re Scared

Post by Jannat12 »

Why We Still Need to Write, Even When We’re Scared Writing is scary. Sometimes when we publish something, it makes us feel like our insides are hanging out, for all the world to see. We feel vulnerable. We feel naked. We feel … terrified. But here’s the thing — we have to keep writing, in spite of the fear. If we let fear stop us, our content will have no spark, no life. And everything we write will be completely unremarkable. Right now, I’m working on a blog post (on a different topic) that scares the living heck out of me. I am afraid of the strong opinions and passion that are rising from some long-buried place inside me. I’m worried that I won’t write well enough to clearly communicate what I need to say.

I’m worried about what people Phone Number List will say when I publish this piece. Bottom line — I’m scared. And it got me thinking — if I feel scared, I’ll bet you do, too. And maybe together, we can come up with a way to get through the fear and keep ourselves on the path to continually creating amazing work — even when we’re scared. Meet Brené Brown … Everywhere you look, people seem to be talking about sociologist and researcher Brené Brown. You may have seen her powerful TED talk — it’s a featured talk on the TED website, and it’s been seen nearly 9 million times. Since that video went viral, Ms. Brown has been featured on Oprah’s prime time show, Super Soul Sunday, and she’s published a bestselling book called Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead. Brené Brown’s area of expertise is connection, vulnerability, and shame.

If you haven’t heard her TED talk, take 20 minutes now to absorb her extraordinary advice about what it takes to create deep, meaningful connections. Can’t see the video? Click here to watch it on TED.com. Here’s the short, short version: We are put on this earth to connect with one another. Connection is what gives meaning and purpose to our lives. But if we want connection, we have to be willing to be vulnerable. Even though vulnerability is often hard — sometimes even excruciating — we’ve got to put ourselves out there in order to experience connection. And here’s what very few people are talking about in the field of content marketing — vulnerability not only makes us better human beings, it also makes us better writers, and better content marketers. We have to be willing to put our ideas, opinions, and deepest fears out there, so we can truly connect with our audiences.