[film Review] "I Remember": From the Gorgeous Real Estate Photo Editing

Description of your first forum.
sohag

[film Review] "I Remember": From the Gorgeous Real Estate Photo Editing

Post by sohag »

The "writing" that Zhu Tianwen said is applied to "I Remember" is the image record of the film. The third series of literary documentaries "I Remember" of "They Write on the Island", directed by writer Lin Junying, filmed the life and stories of the "Literary Zhu Family" to reflect the creative process and background of Zhu Tianxin and Zhu Tianxin. Before watching the movie, my expectations were accompanied by fear. I thought, the writings of the Zhu sisters are so grand and spanning a long historical timeline. After being transformed into images, how can this axis be flattened into a "narrative"? And I like "I Remember" so much here. Lin Junying transforms the temporality of the narrative into spatiality

. This process of "spatialization" has made irreversible time into "ancient capitals" that can be followed and visited. Moreover, in the records of the "micro things" carried out in these ancient capitals, "everything that is irreversible is reversible", so he whispered to the open "space" (time) - "I remember" ("I remember") . Starting Point: Zhu's House as the Main Field in Spatialized Narrative "I Remember" starts from Zhu's Real Estate Photo Editing house on Xinhai Road, and I think that is the most appropriate main narrative field chosen by Lin Junying, which includes time and space - the house at this moment, Zhu's house condenses " "I Remember" wants to trace the vastness of Zhu's years.

The narrative technique of "spatializing" time can thus be seen. Although it is said to "start" from Zhu's house, the first act of the film actually leaves Zhu's house - the three sisters incense incense for their father Zhu Xining in front of the tombstone, and this "departure" makes Zhu's house, a complete spatial field, harmonious with each other. Time, memory, and history are connected, and the familiar narrative timeline begins to interact with space, entwined with Zhu's house; at the same time, "Leaving" also refers to Zhu Xining's passing away, that is, the passing of old years, and "Leaving". The time-space puns involved in the documentary also point out the motif of the documentary: memories, old people and old times. More about this source textSource text required for additional translation information Send feedback Side panels